Zass Terms of Service
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY CREATING A ZASS ACCOUNT, PURCHASING A PAID ACCOUNT, OR ACCESSING OR USING THE ZASS SERVICES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE ZASS SERVICES.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AS DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW. YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
1. SCOPE & MODIFICATIONS
1. Modifications. Zass reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement at any time. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on our site or provide you with notice of the modification on your Zass Account Details page. By continuing to access or use the Zass Services after the effective date of the modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Agreement. Customer agrees that it is Customer’s responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes and that its use of the Zass Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. If the modified Agreement is not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Zass Services.
2. Scope & Current Offerings. As of the Effective Date, Zass offers certain Zass Services to Customer. Zass may add, remove, suspend, discontinue, modify or update the Zass Services at any time, at its discretion. After the effective date of such update, Zass shall bear no obligation to run, provide or support legacy versions of the Zass Services.
3. Zass Enterprise Customers. If you have purchased a Zass Enterprise Plan, these terms may be supplemented or modified by a supplemental enterprise agreement and one or more order forms, the terms of which will control to the extent they conflict with these Terms.
4. Support, Uptime & Training. The training and level of customer support for the tier of Zass Services you purchase is set forth on the Zass Services pricing page.
2. PAID ACCOUNTS
1. Fees. Zass offers fee-based Zass Services that provide additional features and functionality. Pricing and services for paid accounts are described on Zass’s Services pricing page and may be updated from time to time. If you sign up for a paid account, you agree to pay Zass all applicable fees for the tier of Zass Services according to your selection. Fees are non-refundable except as required by law or as otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement.
2. Auto-renewals and Trials. If your account is set to auto-renew or is in a trial period and you have already provided a method of payment to Zass for the Services, Zass will charge your payment account automatically at the end of the trial or beginning of each renewal term for the renewal term, unless you notify us that you want to cancel or disable auto-renewal before the expiration of the then-current term. You may terminate the Agreement in your account’s Account Details page, or, if you purchased your Service through a Zass account representative by contacting your Zass account representative. If you are on a paid account plan lasting twelve (12) months or longer, we will notify you within 30 days before your account renews, including any changes in the Fees for the plan.
3. Payment. Customer will pay Zass invoices on the payment interval selected. If not otherwise specified, payments will be due immediately. Customer authorizes Zass to charge Customer for all applicable Fees using Customer’s selected payment method through Zass’s online payments platform. Customer will provide complete and accurate billing and contact information to Zass. Zass may suspend or terminate the Services if Fees are past due. Unpaid Fees are subject to a finance charge of one percent (1.5%) per month (18% per annum), or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
4. Taxes. Fees are exclusive of taxes, duties, levies, tariffs, and other governmental charges (collectively, “Taxes”), and Customer is responsible for all Taxes resulting from this Agreement or Customer’s use of the Zass Services. Zass will invoice Customer for Taxes when required to do so by applicable law, and Customer agrees to provide payment under the terms of the invoice. In the event Customer is required by law to deduct and withhold any Taxes on amounts payable under this Agreement, any amounts required to be withheld will be promptly deducted and timely remitted by the Customer on behalf of Zass to the appropriate taxation authority and Customer agrees that it will provide Zass with copies of all necessary documents (including but not limited to tax receipts received from the applicable tax authority) in order for Zass to claim and receive a foreign tax credit in an amount corresponding to the amount withheld by the Customer.
5. Downgrades. Zass reserves the right to downgrade, suspend or terminate Customer’s access to any or all Zass Services if Fees are past due.
3. LICENSE, METRICS AND COMPLIANCE;
3. Access Credentials. Zass shall provide Customer with non-transferable access credentials for the Zass Services. Customer shall not (i) misrepresent or mask identities when using the Zass Services or seeking access credentials; (ii) select or use as a username or Branded Short Domain a name subject to any rights of a person or entity other than Customer without appropriate authorization; (iii) select or use, as Customer’s username or Branded Short Domain, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene; or (iv) exceed any access permitted by Zass. Customer shall safeguard all access credentials provided by Zass and shall ensure the confidentiality and security thereof. To the extent Customer is a corporate entity rather than an individual (1) only employees and contractors of Customer (“Personnel”) may use the Zass Services; (2) Customer shall require its Personnel to comply with all Laws and the use restrictions (including user seat restrictions) set out in the Agreement or otherwise prescribed by Zass and shall not share access credentials to exceed the user limitations of the service tier Customer has purchased; (3) Customer represents and warrants that its Personnel have the capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement; and (4) Customer acknowledges that it shall be fully responsible for any acts or omissions of its Personnel, whether authorized or unauthorized. Zass may update, refresh or change the manner of accessing the Zass Services in its discretion.
4. Compliance Monitoring. Zass may monitor Customer’s use of the Zass Services for compliance with the Agreement. If Zass observes usage of the Zass Services that it believes are not in compliance with the Agreement, Zass will notify the Customer and give the Customer five (5) business days to remedy its non-compliance. If Customer does not remedy its non-compliance within five (5) business days, Zass reserves the right to suspend or terminate Customer’s use of the Zass Services. Zass reserves the right to suspend Customer’s use of the Zass Services without notice in the event that it believes, in good faith, the security of Customer’s Zass account has been compromised, or the Customer’s Zass account is being used for an unlawful purpose. And may suspend or terminate Customer’s access to the Services without notice for violation of the Agreement.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
1. Ownership. Except for any Customer Content or Customer Services, Customer acknowledges and agrees that Zass is the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Zass Services and Zass Link Metrics and all related documentation, source code, tools, scripts, processes, techniques, methodologies, inventions, know-how, concepts, formatting, arrangements, visual attributes, ideas, database rights, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and other intellectual property, and all derivatives, enhancements, modifications and improvements thereof (“Zass Materials”). Nothing in this Agreement or any other document shall be deemed to transfer ownership of the Zass Materials. Except for the limited license rights expressly granted herein, no rights to Zass Materials are granted hereunder and all rights in such Zass Materials are reserved.
2. Feedback. Customer is not required to provide any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback regarding the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics (“Feedback”). However, if Customer does so, all right, title and interest in and to such Feedback shall be assigned to, and shall become the sole and exclusive property of, Zass upon its creation.
3. License Restrictions. Customer shall not share access credentials to exceed the user limitations of the service tier Customer has purchased. Customer and its Personnel shall not, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) access the Services or export data from the Services to create a service, software, documentation or data for a URL shortening service other than Zass or create shortened links or a service that is competitive with, substantially similar or confusingly similar to any aspect of the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics; (ii) use, modify, display, perform, copy, disclose or create derivative works of the Zass Services except as expressly permitted herein; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, mimic, screen-scrape, frame or mirror the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics, or use any other means to attempt to discover their source code except as expressly permitted herein; (iv) benchmark, encumber, distribute, sublicense, assign, share, sell, rent, lease, pledge or otherwise transfer the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics to any third party; (v) transmit harmful, disabling or malicious code or devices, or infringing, defamatory, unlawful, tortious, deceptive, misleading, fraudulent, abusive, indecent or otherwise offensive content, or content that contains someone’s personal information or violates a third party’s intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights (“Prohibited Content”) through the Zass Services; (vi) access via automated or unauthorized means, interfere with, disrupt or attempt to monitor, override access or circumvent security measures for, the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics or related systems, including via robots, spiders and other electronic methods; and (vii) obscure, remove or alter any proprietary rights or other notices on the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Zass may, in its sole discretion, immediately revoke the grant of rights set forth in Section 3 if Customer breaches or threatens to breach the restrictions in this Section or creates other security or legal concerns. Customer hereby agrees that Zass will be entitled, in addition to any other remedies available to it at law or in equity, to injunctive relief to prevent the breach or threatened breach of Customer’s obligations under this Section, without any requirement to demonstrate irreparable harm or post a bond.
4. Technical Restrictions. Customer shall not exceed the number and/or frequency of API calls, concurrent URL shortens or other access to or use of Zass Services in the relevant documentation or as otherwise provided by Zass in an Order Form. If Zass believes that Customer has attempted to exceed or circumvent these limitations, Zass may suspend or block Customer’s access to the Zass Services. Zass may monitor Customer’s use of the Zass Services, including to ensure Customer’s compliance with this Agreement.
5. Open Source Software. Zass Services may incorporate software that is subject to terms that, as a condition of use, copying, modification or redistribution, require such software and derivative works thereof to be disclosed or distributed in source code form, to be licensed for the purpose of making derivative works, or to be redistributed free of charge (“Open Source Software”). To the extent any Open Source Software license terms are inconsistent with this Agreement, then such rights in the applicable Open Source Software license shall take precedence over the rights granted in this Agreement, but solely with respect to such Open Source Software. Any applicable Open Source Software license is solely between Customer and the applicable licensor of the Open Source Software and Customer shall comply with the applicable Open Source Software license.
6. Third Party Materials. Zass Services may utilize third party software or source code, including without limitation Open Source Software (“Third Party Materials”). Zass has no control over Third Party Materials. Accordingly, Zass is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Materials. While Zass has no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, Zass may remove or modify such Third Party Materials in its discretion, including without limitation to comply with Law. Customer agrees to comply with all terms and conditions and privacy policies related to any Third Party Materials.
7. Trademarks. Zass grants Customer a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use Zass’s names, logos, designs, and other trademarks incorporated into the Zass Services (“Zass Marks”) during the Term and solely for the purposes of displaying such notice as part of the Zass Services. Customer recognizes the validity of the Zass Marks and Zass’s ownership and title thereto. Any goodwill derived from the use of the Zass Marks by Customer shall inure to the benefit Zass. Customer will not challenge the Zass Marks, or Zass’s ownership and title thereto, or the USPTO application or registration thereof, either during or subsequent to the term of this Agreement. Customer shall execute such documents as may be reasonably requested by Zass, or required by law, to establish Zass’s sole and exclusive ownership and rights in the Zass Marks, or to obtain registration thereof. Customer agrees to use the Zass Marks consistent with Zass’s Brand Assets it makes available at https://Zass.com/pages/press, so as to protect and maintain the Zass Marks and Zass’s rights therein. To this end, Zass shall have the right to revoke the license granted in this Section and/or to review and approve the manner of use of the Zass Marks, and Customer agrees to modify the use of any Zass Marks which do not meet Zass’s standards. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer may not use any Zass Marks in any manner implying any partnership with, sponsorship by, or endorsement by Zass.
5. CUSTOMER SERVICES, CONTENT AND INFORMATION
1. Customer Services. Zass shall have no liability for any Customer product or service accessed through or making use of the Zass Services or any end user, customer or Personnel’s use thereof (“Customer Service”). Customer shall not use the Zass Services in any manner implying any partnership with, sponsorship by, or endorsement of the Customer Service by Zass. Customer shall not suggest or imply that Zass is the author of or otherwise responsible for the views or content of the Customer Service. The Zass Services shall not be used in connection with any Prohibited Content, or any activities where the use or failure of the Zass Services could lead to death, personal injury or property or environmental damage or adversely impact or impose liability on Zass in any manner.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
1. Customer Content Warranties. Customer represents and warrants that Customer Content and all information on which the Zass Link Metrics are based, and the receipt, collection, use and provision thereof, shall not infringe or violate any third party rights, including without limitation any intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights; (ii) the Customer Content, and any information on which the Zass Link Metrics are based, was received, collected, used and provided to Zass in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and self-regulatory guidelines and requirements, including without limitation laws on privacy and data security, unsolicited messaging, unfair or deceptive practices, or United States trade or export restrictions (“Laws”); (iii) it has obtained all necessary consents, approvals or other authorizations or permissions for, and has complied with its posted privacy policies and all third-party terms and conditions or privacy policies in connection with, its receipt, use and/or provision of the Customer Content and all information on which the Zass Link Metrics are based; and (v) that none of the Customer Content or information or data on which the Zass Link Metrics are based contains any personally identifiable information or persistent identifiers from individuals under the age of 13.
2. Further Customer Warranties. Customer further represents and warrants that (i) it has implemented or contractually required industry-standard security measures to help protect the security and integrity of, and prevent, unauthorized access to the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics, Customer Content and Customer Services; (ii) it will not do anything that will make the Zass Services subject to any open source or similar license which creates an obligation to grant any rights in the Zass Services; (iii) it will not disrupt, disable, erase, alter, harm, damage, interfere with or otherwise impair in any manner the Zass Services or Zass Link Metrics; (iv) in the event of any security breach or unauthorized access to any Zass Services, Zass Link Metrics, Customer Content and Customer Services, Customer will immediately investigate such breach and notify Zass in writing, and, unless otherwise notified by Zass, take all corrective action necessary to remedy such breach and/or comply with applicable Law and the requirements of Zass, all at Customer’s cost; and (v) Customer, Customer’s use of the Zass Services, the Customer Content and Customer Services will comply with all Laws and not violate or infringe upon any third party intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
3. ZASS DISCLAIMERS. ZASS SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. ZASS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE ZASS SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) SHORTENED URLS, THE ZASS SERVICES AND ZASS LINK METRICS WILL BE ACCURATE, ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) THE ZASS SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE ZASS SERVICES OR ZASS LINK METRICS WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OF ITS OR ITS USERS’, PERSONNEL’S OR CUSTOMERS’ BUSINESS NEEDS; OR (V) THE ZASS SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT ANY INTERRUPTION WILL BE CORRECTED IN A TIMELY MANNER. CUSTOMERS USE OF THE ZASS SERVICES AND ZASS LINK METRICS IS SOLELY AT ITS OWN RISK. FURTHER, ZASS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AND SHALL ASSUME NO LIABILITY AMOUNTS OR INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING THAT CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE ZASS SERVICES AND ZASS LINK METRICS COMPLY WITH ANY LAWS OR REGULATIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CUSTOMER SHALL BE SOLELY LIABLE FOR SUCH COMPLIANCE. ZASS SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (E.G., OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, THIRD PARTY MATERIALS OR FOR HOST OR APP STORE PROVIDERS). CUSTOMER RECOGNIZES THAT THE FIGURES CONTAINED IN THE ZASS LINK METRICS PRODUCED HEREUNDER ARE ESTIMATES AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO STATISTICAL ERROR. ZASS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE ZASS LINK METRICS WILL BE COMPLETELY CORRECT, ACCURATE, TIMELY OR OTHERWISE RELIABLE. ZASS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY USE OR RELIANCE ON THE ZASS LINK METRICS BY CUSTOMER AND THIRD PARTIES.
7. INDEMNIFICATION AND RESPONSIBILITY
1. Customer Indemnification. Customer will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Zass, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, customers, business partners, successors and assigns (“Zass Indemnitees”) from and against any third party claims and actions, and resulting damages, liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred by Zass Indemnitees arising out of or directly or indirectly related to (a) the Customer Content, Customer Services or any other Customer products and services; (b) Customer’s acts and omissions hereunder, breach of this Agreement, or violation of Laws; and/or (c) any allegation of intellectual property, privacy or publicity infringement concerning Customer Content or Customer Services. Zass shall promptly notify Customer of any claim for which it seeks indemnification; provided, however, that any delay in providing notification shall not vitiate Customer’s indemnification obligations unless Customer is materially prejudiced thereby. Customer shall have sole control over the defense of any claim under this Section, except that Zass may approve any counsel used by Customer and that Zass may participate in the defense, at Customer’s cost. All settlements of indemnification claims require the consent of Zass.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. LIABILITY LIMITATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL ZASS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE ZASS SERVICES, ZASS LINK METRICS OR OTHERWISE HEREUNDER FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO (I) ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (HOWEVER ARISING); (II) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION); (III) ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE ZASS SERVICES; (IV) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CUSTOMER CONTENT AND OTHER DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE ZASS SERVICES; (V) CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO PROVIDE ZASS WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT OR OTHER INFORMATION; (VI) ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO KEEP ITS PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL; (VII) CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO ACCESS THE ZASS SERVICES DUE TO MALFUNCTION(S) IN EQUIPMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE, SYSTEM, OR THE NETWORK USED BY CUSTOMER; OR (VIII) AMOUNTS FOR ALL CLAIMS HEREUNDER IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF $100.00.
9. TERM AND TERMINATION
1. Agreement Term. This Agreement shall commence on the date the Customer accepts this Agreement by creating an account or purchasing a paid service tier (“Effective Date”) and remain in effect for the duration of the term selected by Customer, unless otherwise terminated as permitted herein (“Initial Term”). If your paid account is set to automatically renew, please see section 2(B) above for the auto-renewal terms.
2. Right to Terminate. Zass may terminate this Agreement immediately in its discretion. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement, all applicable rights and access granted to Customer shall automatically terminate and Customer and its Personnel shall cease any further use of the Zass Services and return, or, if directed by Zass, destroy, all Confidential Information of Zass. Any Section of this Agreement which by its nature would survive such expiration or termination shall so survive.
10. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTES
1. Governing Law. This Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby shall be governed by and construed under the Federal Arbitration Act and the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof and without regard to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
2. Limitation for Bringing Claims. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Customer agrees any Customer claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of the Zass Services, Zass Link Metrics or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned.
3. Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services or Content (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Zass agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms of Service, and that you and Zass are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms of Service.
1. Exceptions and Opt-out. As limited exceptions to this Dispute Resolution section (i) you may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights. This Arbitration Agreement does not apply to individuals located in the European Economic Area.
2. Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). If you are an individual, the arbitration will be conducted under the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms of Service. If you enter these Terms of Service on behalf of an organization, the arbitration will be conducted under the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org.
3. If your claim is for U.S. $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic or video-conference hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds U.S. $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
4. Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the applicable AAA Rules. If you are an individual, we’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and expenses if your Dispute is for less than $10,000, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
5. Class Action Waiver. YOU AND ZASS AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
6. If Zass changes any of the terms of this “Dispute Resolution” Section after the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to email@example.com) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of Zass’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Zass in accordance with the terms of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service).
7. Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 20(e) of these Terms (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms of Service is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms of Service will still apply.
1. Relationship of the Parties. The parties shall be independent contractors under this Agreement, and nothing herein will constitute either party as the employer, employee, agent or representative of the other party, or both parties as joint venturers or partners for any purpose.
2. Entire Agreement and Severability. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between the parties with respect thereto, including any non-disclosure agreements signed by the parties. Except as may be modified in writing by the parties, including by a Zass Enterprise Supplemental Agreement, no additional or conflicting terms set out on Customer order, invoice, statement or other document, or contained in any “shrinkwrap” or “clickwrap” agreements, are binding. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
3. Force Majeure. Except for any Fees due hereunder, neither party shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such delay or failure results from any cause beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, cyber-attacks, mechanical, electronic or communications failures, acts of God, terrorism, war, natural disasters, failure of any telecommunications or transportation or of any third party provider or supplier (e.g., host or app store providers) or labor disputes.
4. Assignment. Except to an affiliate or in the event of a merger, acquisition or other change of control, neither party may assign this Agreement without the prior written permission of the other party, and any attempt to do so is void. This Agreement shall be binding on any permitted successors and assigns.
5. Notices. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices under this Agreement will be in writing to the addresses listed above and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered; when sent, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.
6. Headings; Interpretation. The section and paragraph headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation. Any use of “including” “for example” or “such as” in this Agreement shall be read as being followed by “without limitation.”
7. Export. The parties shall comply with all applicable export and import control laws and regulations, and, in particular, shall not export or re-export the Zass Services without all required United States and foreign government licenses.
8. Government Use. The Zass Services are “commercial items” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212. Any access to or use of the Zass Services by any government entity is prohibited, except as expressly permitted by the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, any use by U.S. government entities must be in accordance with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4. If Customer uses the Zass Services in its official capacity as an employee or representative of a U.S., state or local government entity and is legally unable to accept the indemnity, jurisdiction, venue or other clauses herein, then those clauses do not apply to such entity, but only to the extent as required by applicable law.
9. General. The failure of Zass to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Zass. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
10. Publicity. Customer grants Zass the right to use Customer’s logos or trademarks in marketing or publicity materials and on its website to identify Customer as a customer that uses the Zass Services.
11. Contacting Zass. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.